Northwest International Education Association
Our mission is to bring higher education institutions in the Pacific Northwest together to advance global education, promote multicultural understanding and create opportunities for global exchange. Established in 1979, Northwest International Education Association is an incorporated non-profit consortium, currently consisting of 14 member colleges.
- Support members in developing an international curriculum and to share innovations
- Promote the exchange of international faculty, staff, and students
- Provide a network for the sharing of ideas and resources
- Provide faculty development and student learning opportunities in the field of international studies
- Provide services and opportunities in the international arena that are not available to or practical for members individually
Membership in the NIEA is open to all public and private institutions of higher education in the Pacific Northwest.
The Board of Directors is made up of representatives of member colleges who plan and evaluate programs and services. Member colleges pay annual dues to support the activities of the organization.